MAEA feels that it is important to honor those who have shown dedication to our beliefs to promote, preserve and perpetuate art education in the state of Missouri. Award nomination packets are due by October 1st, so please nominate at least one month prior to that to ensure that nominees have enough time to complete the packet requirements. For nomination forms and awards packets, please see the links at the bottom of the page.
Division award nominees must spend at least 51% of their work day in the job division for which they have been nominated. For example, educators who work primarily as administrators or supervisors are not eligible to receive elementary division awards, even if that is the level administered or supervised. This member should be registered in the Supervision/Administration Division.
- Division Art Educator of the Year
- K-12 Art Educator
- Elementary Art Educator, grades Pre-K-5th
- Middle/Junior High School Art Educator, grades 6-8
- Secondary Art Educator, grades 9-12
- Higher Art Education
- Supervisor/Administrator Art Educator
- Museum Art Educator
- Retired Art Educator
The Missouri Art Educator of the Year will be selected from the slate of nominations for all other awards. This award winner will be forwarded on to NAEA for recognition as the state winner.
Nominations are due by October 1st.
- The Larry A. Kantner Art Education Research Award Endowment Any MAEA member who completes a research project (this can be a Master’s Thesis, Doctoral Dissertation, or Action Research Project). Individuals are not eligible for the award until their research is completed and a report is submitted to the MAEA awards committee. There is a $150 stipend for the winner of this award.
- Heart for Art Award Open to any person or organization which has demonstrated significant support of art education.
- The Otto Bean, Jr., Award is intended to recognize elected officials who have worked to improve the state of the arts and art education in the State of Missouri .
For the Nominator:
For the Nominee:
- It is the nominator's responsibility to inform the nominee that you have nominated them for the award. They may begin completing the nominees's awards packet
- Nominees can be self nominated
- The Awards Committee will review the complete awards packet once received.
- Key criteria for the award
- Completed Nomination packets will be reviewed by a selection committee, which will select the award recipient based on the nomination form, the nominee's response to the standardized vita, and the required letters of support. The winners will be recognized at the MAEA Spring Conference.