Night at the Museum: Drawing on Excellence
Who is excited about Spring Conference??? Stephanie Mennemeyer, KC Onsite Coordinator, here. I'm excited just sharing the amazing activities we have planned for you! Here's a brief preview:
Thursday, April 9th
- "City of Fountains" Reception
- Bizarre Bazaar
- Come and Go - Handcraft your Hat for the Gala!
- Art on the Spot - Create a masterpiece using found objects and win big. $5 entry fee; Grand Prize: $100 Knob Registration.
- Micrography - Learn how to use text in creating an image.
- Curriculum Slam! - It's back...and you won't want to miss it!
Friday, April 10th
- Keynote, Carol Hockett
- Breakout sessions from 1-4PM - KCAI, Mariott, and Nelson-Atkins
- Awards Ceremony and Vendor Recognition - 5:30-6:15PM, Atkins Auditorium@ the Nelson
- "Night at the Museum" Gala - 6:15-8:30PM, Kirkwood Hall@ the Nelson
Dress for the Gala is Semi-Formal, Creativity Welcome! The theme is Red and White and we would LOVE to
see your handmade hats with gloves and/or ties! There will be music, photo booths, snacks, a Silent
Auction and cash bar...this event is NOT to be missed!
Saturday, April 11th
- Breakfast with the Vendors
- Breakout sessions from 9-11AM
- Lunch @ The Nelson
- Breakout sessions from 1:30-4PM
- Arrowhead Stadium: Tour of the Art Collection.
- Thomas Hart Benton House Tour
As you can see, this Conference is packed full of awesome. To get the full schedule, please visithttps://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/maea/pages/103/attachments/original/1423252218/schedule2-6-15.pdf?1423252218
I can't wait to see you all in KC!