"Night at the Museum"!
Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art here we come! Visit http://www.maea.net/spring_conf_2015 to begin. Make your reservations for the Marriott Country Club Plaza by calling (816) 531-3000 and mention Missouri Art Education Association to get the group rate of $109.00 plus tax. Complementary self-parking. We are trying to fill 290 rooms to meet our contract agreement.
KC Chiefs football team, Arrowhead stadium: Thursday evening beginning around 3:30 pm and 6:00 pm
- Art Scavenger hunt through KCAI and the Nelson,
- "Night at the Museum" Gala at the Nelson-Atkins which is a white and red attire theme plus top it with a hat
- Spectacular awards ceremony in Atkins Auditorium followed by the "Night at the Museum" Gala in Kirkwood hall of the Nelson-Atkins.
- Thomas Hart Benton Museum Friday and Saturday!
- Lunch on Friday will be on your own so you can enjoy some of the Plaza restaurants or the Nelson-Atkin's Rozzelle Court Restaurant.
- Lunch on Saturday will be catered by the art museum.
- Activities should wrap up early on Saturday evening with our last workshop around 4:30.
- If you are interested in staying another night, we would love to schedule a KC Art After Dark event on Saturday evening. Please register here in order to express your interest http://goo.gl/forms/jINADUq7xR .