Stay connected and up to date with Secondary Art News. Follow us on Twitter at @maeahs or Facebook at MAEA Secondary Division. Hashtag your posts on any social media site with #maeahs
Hello Art Educators!
I wanted to highlight a few items from the Fall Conference.
1. Please take the survey. Your feedback will drive the next few years in the state of MO for Secondary Art Ed. I want your VOICE!! https://goo.gl/forms/DnQxPVB9ft33j8tp2
2. Attached is the Secondary Newsletter. Please take the time to open the pdf and look at the various links embedded in the newsletter. It is easier to link info in the newsletter than share the info in an email because I can also add images and photos with the links. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_lPt5EkO9KEY1J6bk5rOVpzUGc/view?usp=sharing
3. The biggest news is we now have an online Resource site in Google where you can look at different lessons, videos, presentations, handouts, etc. for all the subjects taught at the secondary level. Add this to your Google Drive or bookmark the link. I have opened all access to this resource so you may make folders (don’t delete or move) where needed and add YOUR lessons and resources to share. These folders also contain subfolders of other state resources too. For example, in the Photography folder, there is another folder titled “LOOK! Photo resources Wisconsin”. This is the Wisconsin Art Ed Association shared folder for Photography and art teachers are feeding their resources from Wisconsin into this folder for us! Ahhh, the world of Google. Brilliant. Please feel free to add your own favorite lessons and presentations or resources to share. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_lPt5EkO9KEeGlQNUpDQjNDLVU?usp=sharing
4. We also talked about a state-wide Student Voice Art Exhibit. Our focus is "Student Voice Through Art to Initiate Change.” As your year progresses, think about challenges that involve positive approaches to social action or social justice. Have students write a statement about their art which is a vehicle to start conversations around changes that can be made in your local community. We will be uploading these online and are working on displaying student work with the Daum Museum in 2017. The link to upload student voice artwork will be ready for Spring Conference in Springfield April 6-8, 2017.
5. Speaking of Spring Conference, so far in our survey results, Secondary Art Teachers are wanting more technology, Graphic Design, Smartboard, Ceramic ideas. So if you have a lesson to share in these areas, we need you! If you have other ideas, we would love to see you present. Fill out your presentation idea now while you are thinking about it ;) Follow this link and submit a Workshop Presentation for the 2017 Spring Conference. http://www.maea.net/maeaforms and click on Conference Presentation Proposal Form.
6. Do you have co-workers that are not MAEA? Share this newsletter and talk about your experiences with MAEA. We would love to have them join! http://www.maea.net/membership
Feel free to reach out anytime if you need something or have an idea. I am “hear.” Get it? hehe